The first quarter of 2020 has earned a place in history. Everything changed, including the way we live, work and play.
But as the saying goes, “the show must go on,” – and it did.
Despite the unique challenges 2020 held, Network Time Foundation had much to celebrate:
- Network Time Protocol 4.2.8p14 was released.
- NTF ARIN registration was completed, including ORG-ID, ASN application, and IPv6 and IPv4 allocation requests.
- All clock.isc.org traffic has been moved to a Network Time Foundation site.
We continued our engagement with OpenCollective and the Open Source Initiative and signed new and renewing memberships including:
- Team Cymru: https://www.team-cymru.com/
- Cox Communications: https://www.cox.com/residential/home.html
- Network Time Protocol 4.2.8p15 was released.\
- We welcomed two new project volunteers:
- Cy Schubert
- Tom Timmons
- Important Institutional Membership Renewals including:
- End Run Technologies
Q3 was an eventful quarter at NTF. In early September, wildfires destroyed a large percentage of the town of Talent, Oregon, where NTF is headquartered. We are extremely thankful there were no NTF injuries or property damage and operations continued as usual. But it did make the national news: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/15/us/fires-phoenix-oregon.html
Wildfires notwithstanding, Q3 was a very productive quarter for NTF. Accomplishments included:
- Substantial progress on upgrades of NTF/NTP domains and websites
- New project volunteers focused on existing and new initiatives
- Institutional Membership Renewals including:
- Meinberg – www.meinbergglobal.com
- A large global consumer technology leader
Q4 2020 was a productive final quarter. Network Time Foundation engaged in multiple projects and moved a number of important initiatives forward. These included:
- Extensive upgrading of data center equipment
- Implementation of additional equipment received from iXSystems
- Progress made on the NTP Server Statistics and Monitoring projects
- Continued progress on upgrades of NTF/NTP domains and websites
- Membership Renewals:
- Renesas – www.renesas.com
- New Volunteers:
- Bipul Kumar joined the development team
- New Staff:
- Trish Henry joined the marketing and communications team
As 2021 kicks into high gear, we again, thank all of our individual and institutional members. As always, your support makes it possible for us to develop and maintain the most accurate time synchronization technology.