A donor-advised fund (DAF) is a type of giving program that allows you to combine the most favorable tax benefits with the flexibility to easily support your favorite charities. DAFs are an excellent way to both simplify your charitable giving and facilitate your strategic philanthropic goals.
What are the main advantages of a donor-advised fund?
- Simplicity: The DAF sponsor handles all record-keeping, disbursements, and tax receipts.
- Flexibility: Timing of your tax deduction can be separate from your charitable decision making.
- Tax-efficiency: Contributions are tax-deductible and any investment growth in the DAF is tax-free. It is easy to donate long-term appreciated securities, eliminating capital gains taxes and allowing you to support charities from one block of stock.
- No start-up costs: There is no cost to establish a donor-advised fund. However, there are often minimum initial charitable contributions to establish the DAF.
- No transaction fees: Once approved, 100% of your recommended grant goes to your qualified public charity of choice.
- Privacy: Donors may choose to remain anonymous.
If you have a DAF with Fidelity Charitable, Schwab Charitable, or BNY Mellon, you can make a donation to Network Time Foundation using this form. When you click Next, you will be redirected to your institution's login page to complete the donation: