We want to thank all our generous members and donors. As a nonprofit organization, it is all of you who help Network Time Foundation produce and maintain the most reliable, secure and trusted open source network time software, which is so vital to the infrastructure of our modern world.
Software Releases & Other Technical Achievements
- Released ntp-4.2.8p11.
- Released version 1.9 of Linuxptp on 3/31/2018, one year and five months after the previous release. Pushed out tag v1.9 and a tarball on Sourceforge and https://github.com/nwtime/linuxptp.
- Added NTS extension field coding.
- Phase I of an NTS development contract with the National Metrology Institute of Germany is almost complete and NTS testing has started.
- Updated the following IETF proposals:
- Alibaba & Cox renewed their $25K NTP Partner memberships. Microsemi renewed its $13K NTP Associate membership.
- Spectracom invoiced for a renewal of its $6K Associate membership, but changed its consortium from NTP to PTP.
- 4 Individual memberships were renewed.
Donations of In-kind Services and Support
- The migration of nwtime.org to AWS by Rooster Glue was completed, which drastically improved page load times and performance. Rooster Glue will be hosting nwtime.org as part of their ongoing contribution.
- Signed a SOW and agreement with Symas to upgrade and fix our OpenLDAP instance and improve volunteer, contributor and user experience. For their donation of $50K in LDAP work, we added Symas as an In-kind member.
- Recruited 4 new volunteers.
- Easy Software donated its full EasyRedMine server upgrade with full access to their available plug-ins.