Network Time Foundation Q1 – Q2 Accomplishments 2018
First, we want to thank all our generous members and donors. As a nonprofit organization, it is all of you who help Network Time Foundation produce and maintain the most reliable, secure and trusted open source network time software, which is so vital to the infrastructure of our modern world.
Software Releases & Other Technical Achievements
- Released ntp-4.2.8p11.
- Released version 1.9 of Linuxptp on 3/31/2018, one year and five months after the previous release. Pushed out tag v1.9 and a tarball on Sourceforge and https://github.com/nwtime/linuxptp.
- LinuxPTP 1.9.2 released adding Transparent Clock support, Unicast support, and Telecom profile support.
- Added NTS extension field coding, presented at IETF101 March, 2018, London,UK.
- Phase I of an NTS development contract with the National Metrology Institute of Germany is almost complete and NTS testing has started.
- Updated the following IETF proposals:
- Two new Institutional Memberships:
- Oath and Meinberg renewed their NTP Partner Membership.
- An anonymous company renewed their NTP Partner Membership and increased their contribution by 20%.
- Alibaba Cloud & Cox Communications renewed their NTP Partner memberships. Microsemi renewed their NTP Associate membership.
- Spectracom renewed their Associate membership, but changed its consortium from NTP to PTP.
- 8 Individual memberships were renewed.
Donations of In-kind Services and Support
- The migration of nwtime.org to Amazon Web Services by Scott Waddell of Rooster Glue was completed, which drastically improved page load times and performance. Amazon Web Services (AWS) will be hosting nwtime.org, with Scott Waddell consulting on enterprise architecture.
- Signed a SOW and agreement with Symas to upgrade and fix our OpenLDAP instance and improve volunteer, contributor and user experience. For their donation of $50K in LDAP work, we added Symas as an In-kind member.
- Recruited 4 new volunteers.
- Easy Software donated its full EasyRedMine server upgrade with full access to their available plug-ins.
In the News/Events
- Richard Welty represented NTS on behalf of NTF at IETF 101 Hackathon in London, UK.
- Matt Hardin, CEO of Symas, was elected to the NTF Board of Directors.
- Susan Graves, former Client Services Dir. for NTF, was elected to the NTF Board of Directors.
- We announced our partnership with PublicNTP on the NTF Blog
- Bruce Korb attended NIST’s Assured Access to Accurate Time Workshop Event in San Jose, CA in June and presented Harlan’s Accurate Time, and Timestamps: What’s in your metadata?
- As part of NTF’s commitment to financial transparency, Richard W. Brewster, CPA, PC completed NTF’s 2017 audit. Their assessment shows that all financial statements present fairly, in all material respects, the financial position of Network Time Foundation, Inc. as of December 31, 2017.